Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Clean Up the Duplo and You Can Watch Disney Junior

Most of the time, it's just me and my son these days. We walk my daughter to the bus stop at 8am every morning - about a mile round trip - and then it's the two of us until it's time to pick her up around 4pm.

Jacob is my easy going child. He is shockingly compliant for a two year old, and while he certainly has his moments, I really can't complain that much.

This morning the kids left Duplo strewn all over the living room floor, and we didn't have time to clean it up before our walk to the bus stop. When we got home, I told Jacob that I would let him watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse if he picked up the Duplo. It went something like this:

S: Pick up all the Legos and then you can watch Mickey Mouse!
J: Otay!
*Jacob proceeds to pick up about half the blocks, and then stops*
J: You help me?
S: *sigh* ...Okay.

Then I got down on the floor and started picking up Duplo. Jacob immediately stops and climbs up on the couch.

S: Hey! Where are you going?
J: I sit on the couch, watch Mickey Mouse.
S: You have to finish picking up the Legos first.
J: *sigh* ...Otay.

Then he got down and picked up the rest with me, and I turned on Disney Junior and made this post.

Seriously, this is not normal two year old behavior. Where was the tantrum? Where was the sass? I think my daughter has scarred me for life in this regard.

See, I told you this was just another mommy blog. At least we're going to the farmers market later?

No comments:

Post a Comment