Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Jake and Jake and the Neverland Pirates

So, on Monday we were at Target. Target had a massive display of toys from the Disney Junior show Jake and the Neverland Pirates, which both my kids love, but Jacob REALLY loves. He was beside himself with excitement over Jake spyglasses, Jake action figures, and most of all, a big Jake pirate ship. Never mind that he already HAS a large toy pirate ship. THIS pirate ship is a JAKE pirate ship. And Tic Toc Crock pops out of it! Oh my.


Anyway, Monday was a bit of a circus, since I needed to go to seemingly every single store in Ann Arbor to prepare for Elizabeth's birthday this weekend. Jacob was really a very good sport about it, so I let him use some of his piggy bank money to buy himself a Jake spyglass. It hasn't left his side since. But he's also been talking about this pirate ship nonstop. This morning in the car, the following conversation happened...

J: Mama, I really want that Jake pirate ship. Can I use my piggy bank to get it?
S: You don't have enough money in your piggy bank for it, buddy. And you already have a pirate ship!
J: Can you put the money in my piggy bank for the pirate ship?
S: Sorry buddy, no. If you want that pirate ship, you should probably talk to Santa or wait for your birthday.
J: ...I'll talk to Santa if he'll give me the money to put in my piggy bank so I can buy that pirate ship!
S: ...


No comments:

Post a Comment