Saturday, March 10, 2012

They really do say the darndest things...

Dan is standing on a chair in the kids' room, prepping the walls to paint them. Jacob climbs up next to him.

Jacob: Look Daddy! We're getting high together!

***

Elizabeth and I are at Toys R Us, shopping for a birthday present. Unfortunately, the Spiderman toys and the Toy Story toys are in the same aisle, and the Toy Story toys are completely distracting her from our mission to pick out something Spiderman. The object of her affection? A talking, strawberry scented Lotso Huggin' Bear.

Elizabeth: Mama, I really, REALLY want this Lotso! I've wanted it for YEARS!
(She's not even exaggerating, she HAS wanted this toy since Toy Story 3 came out.)
Sarah: I know Liz, but that toy is $54. We aren't buying it today.
E: Okaaaayyyyyy.
S: You know, you have enough money in your piggy bank for it, though. It would be about half your money, but if you wanted to buy it, you could.
E: *thinking* I don't think I want to waste my money like that. I think I will ask for it for Christmas.
S:  Your birthday is much sooner than Christmas!
E: I know, but if I ask for it for my birthday, then somebody else has to waste their money on it! If I ask for it for Christmas, Santa can just give it to me.
S: ...

No comments:

Post a Comment