Monday, October 3, 2011

Naptime is the New Happy Hour

I am starting to embrace the fact that I do most of my writing and reading when Jacob is napping (or supposed to be napping.) In my head, this is not the most effective use of those blissful few hours in the early afternoon when he is out of commission. For example, here are some things that I have recently told myself I would accomplish during nap time:
  • Sorting old clothes to donate to Purple Heart
  • Replacing the summer clothes with the fall/winter ones
  • Dust. Dust. Dust.
  • Laundry. Laundry. Laundry.
  • Reorganizing the book/DVD/video game shelves
  • Sorting toys
  • Cleaning out any number of closets (why does this tiny condo have so many closets?!)
Guess how many of those things I've done during nap time? If you guessed zero - well, you'd be wrong because I actually did get together a Purple Heart donation during nap time last week. BUT. Most of it? Not at all. The best part is how I can justify it all. Dusting and laundry? Great chores to do while the kids are actually up and around because it's so easy to work around them. Switching out clothes? I'll wake him up if I'm in and out of the bedroom doing that. Sorting toys and cleaning out shelves and closets? Either too loud or too big a job to get done in two hours - and Dan would kill me if I had all the disc media strewn all over the house while either of the kids was around to get into it.

So I write instead, because if I don't, I can actually FEEL my brain atrophy. And hello, my Farmville crops aren't going to harvest themselves, you know.

Just kidding.

...Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment